a new project

woodmen

hello
this is my first time on this site but i figured people on this site might be able to help me with an idea i have. the idea is for a simple, fully customization laptop and i would love if some more experienced members of the community wouldn't mind helping out with some parts or even joining the project. i will warn you i am new and have very little computer building experience but i am very willing to learn.

feel free to post your comments or responses, i would love any type of feedback.

-Woodmen

Last edited:

woodmen

yep

Laptops are not very customizable due to parts availability.

i understand i and i intend to make a computer company similar to dell or apple or toshiba (getting around to that) and when the designs for this laptop are done i will order the parts to make the prototype or i will make them myself. either way i don't plan on using to many existing parts.:good:

MyCattMaxx

Waste of time and energy in my opinion. Have fun though :good:
I agree.
Once he masters making the files for a custom case (the easiest part) the real fun begins designing custom MB, GPU etc.
But you can't really design the case until you design the boards. :D

xarik

Woah woah woah....like customized as in build a laptop yourself? Forget it lol!! Just build a "custom" computer on their website...I did this by picking a laptop with a good processor and G-card and then added my own ram and HDD for a good upgrade...

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah if you want a super laptop, customize a Falcon Northwest DRX for a few grand.