"A Prob. has bn detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent dmage to your cmp.

arjhay

"A Problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer."

this message always appears in my screen.. ( i think once a week) it's background is blue and the writings are white. Why is it that this message always come up?? If i am typing something, it will show up and I can't save the document i'm typing. Please Help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- Yes that would be the operating system
- What software/hardware/tweaks have you applied prior to this BSOD popping up? :)

Fure6

How bout processes...?

if you don't know how to look at them, you probably do, but this is how: ctrl+alt+delete. the delete above the arrow keys.

arjhay

Praetor said:
- Yes that would be the operating system
- What software/hardware/tweaks have you applied prior to this BSOD popping up? :)

i don't know what to answer... i mean, i don't get the question.. :(

arjhay

Fure6 said:
How bout processes...?

if you don't know how to look at them, you probably do, but this is how: ctrl+alt+delete. the delete above the arrow keys.

what do you mean, processes?! :(

arjhay

Praetor said:
The things listed on the Process tab, under the Image Name column :)

That's not a process

80GB
Geforce 4 MX 440SE 128MB/TV OUT
16x DVD
52x CD-RW
512 MB DDR
Intel Pentium 4 Processor H-T (FSB 800)

.. is that what yo're talking about? :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No. I mean the stuff under the Process Tab of the task manager, listed in the image name tab :)

arjhay

Praetor said:
No. I mean the stuff under the Process Tab of the task manager, listed in the image name tab :)

huh? sorry praetor, i don't know how to ge that stuff. i'm bad at this things. could you explain how? :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and goto the aforementioned tab :)
Have a look around... u'd be surprised at the amount of stuffos floating around there heehee

Grantie

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your

I have basically the same problem but my system will not go pass that screen....Windows will not start :mad:. It all started after I installed Roxio cd and dvd creator 6. I tried to repair windows xp but that did not work. I really don't want to do a clean install of Window XP because then I will lose all my stuff.

Can anyone help me PLEASE

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh .. .right. Since you cant get into windows you will be SOL for that route. Noting that you've tried a repair installation and safemode you are somewhat out of options. A reinstall is almost a definite requirement here.

You can avoid losing your files via going into the recovery consoel and copying everything somewhere else (assuming you've got another partiton somewhere).... that will require a bit of navigating in DOS. Now if you've got encrypting filesystem and you dont remember your password (cuz say you have autologin) then you'll have to use the Windows2000 recovery console (not confirmed to work on SP2)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
copy <sourcefile> <destination>
:)

Something like copy <sourcePath>\*.* <destinationPath> would be useful