a problem, i have no clue whats goin on

Mr. White

I'm messing around with my hard drive and cd drives on my computer and when i start my computer i message pops up and said something like "system boot error please insert system disk and press enter" what the heck does that mean?

Geoff

VIP Member
Refer to your motherboard manual to where the jumper is located and how to clear CMOS with it. Generally there near the SATA connectors (if you have them).

ceewi1

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
Refer to your motherboard manual to where the jumper is located and how to clear CMOS with it. Generally there near the SATA connectors (if you have them).

I think he's talking about the hard drive jumpers. They're on the back of the hard drive, near the power and IDE cables. Just pull the jumper off and put it back in the correct position, which should be printed on the top of the drive.

It's also possible that the boot order has simply been changed in the BIOS, if you've changed settings in there. You may need to reset the boot order so that the hard drive boots first.

Of course, you should also make sure that the cables are firmly seated in the drives.

Lax

VIP Member
QUESTIONS 101 You could also have a corrupted windows file. However if you were playing around with cabling chances are you plugged something in wrong (unplug the floppy [if you have one] and see if it boots). If so you just had it plugged in the wrong way.