A problem, im puzzled.

dunerider5

I had a virus, and everything is now taken care of, except now my internet stops working after a short while, until I restart my computer. I can ping my dns server ip address and it shows about 45ms average, even after my internet stops working. Has anyone heard of this problem or know what I can do? Its not just IE or firefox, its also anthing im downloading like limewire or anything.

Details of everything that happened are in this thread.

OS Dragon

Maybe its because you've exceeded your bandwidth, but I doubt that as it starts to work once you restart. Have you tried scanning for spyware, malware and other cr*p like that? Also, try clearing the Cache and Cookies every now and again, it might help.

aronya1

Well, obviously everything didn't get taken care of. After all the work you put into it, what I'm going to suggest is probably not what you'll want to hear, but other than removing & reinstalling your TCP/IP stack, if it were my computer, I'd be seriously thinking about formatting the drive & starting over. Sometimes that's just the only reasonable answer, unreasonable as it may seem at times.

I'm heading in that direction myself, to solve a problem I'm having staying logged into various sites. Can't seem to fix it by other means, so... Cutting my losses & starting over.

Just my 2cts.
Good luck.