A Question About My Career Choice

SlimDan22

Hi

Sorry if this is kind of off topic on this website but i couldn't really think of anywhere else to ask

Im 17 and still in high school

For the past year i thought i had my career choice set, i wanted to become a network administrator of sometype..or something in that field

well recently i have been reading articles and news segments about IT and other tech related jobs being outsourced so educated foreign workers with special visas can take the jobs and be payed less by companys

has anyone else heard of this problem or knows someone who has been a victim of outsourcing in tech related jobs?

i don't plan on being a tech support person over the phone..i can see those jobs being completely outsourcing only jobs in the future

now i am unsure of my career pathway

i really enjoy computers but i don't want to be in a position when im older where i worry about finding a job or being laid off:(

I really appreciate anyones input and advice

Thanx

Dan

sonofdad

Do whatever you REALLY want to do. Network admins generally don't have to worry about their jobs being outsourced since companys tend to wand their admins to be physically there to address hardware issues, etc. If its what you really want to do go for it I dont think there is anything to worry about.

SlimDan22

thats what i thought too but

they have special temporary working visa's for foreign workers to come to the U.S and work