A serious graphics card problem ,

AndyD

The problem is i think my geforce gto 9700 is deing or died , here's why

takes a deap breath in ,,,,,,,,,,,,

well i was playing a pc game yesturday called battlefield 2142 when the game loaded i noticed the graphics was all messed up , like buildings looked all sqiggly efect and so did some vechiles :( so i thought i will just reboot and now when i load windows it dosent get to the login screen , the moniter goes light goes orange just before the login screen should apear ...
so now i think ok wtf now , i reboot press f8 to get safe mode , get in to safe mode unistall the gfx drivers for the geforce which were 91.47 version from nvida's download section , after being in safe mode i reboot in to normal mode and windows loads fine and lets me login , i go to advanced from dekstop and see no driver installed , which is right .
now i go to reinstall the drivers in normal mode again , launch the nivida exe press next see the logo , says installing driver components and then the screen goes off , from rebooting from this i am then back to when it wouldent get to the login screen unless i go in safe mode
so anyone out there help me , i spent alot of money on this gfx card grr

AndyD

another thing is i think all 3 sticks of my ram has error's as i ran memtest on all 3 and all reported as error's or it could be my bios settings which i dont know what i am doing in there
so if i post my ddr config of bios would someone guide me ?

AndyD

do you have the drivers that came on a cd?

ive just tried those drivers that came with the card , soon as you press that small continue box the screen goes off and moniter light goes orange , but it sounds like the pc is still in windows just no display ..no i am in safe mode again to type this, on this motherboard i have onboard geforce 6150 that works fine in normal mode with the 91.47 drivers

kingsPC

ok, in this case, properly is the memory on the graphic card is meeting its life limit....if possible, try put on another whatever cheap graphic card to first test if a normal windows screen can be loaded, if it can, just go and RMA the graphic card.