a tiny bit of my computer moniter is cut off (see pic)

hammy434

theres a tiny bit of my comp moniter on the right is cut off and its rly annoying how can i fix it? heres a photo of it if that helps.

20110831144042.jpg

i know its not that bad but it still bothers me. please help me fix it!! thanks!

Hsv_Man

Wow! i'm impressed you have managed to capture each pixel in the photo. :eek: Have you tried resetting the resolution in display settings and seeing if this lengthens the display.

hammy434

umm how do i do that? i dont see the reset button in display settings.idk how i got all the pixels i put my phone camera rly close to it cause i thought if i didnt u wouldent be able 2 c it guess i got it too close. also thought id add that the resolution of the moniter is 1366x768 and its an acer monitor and my graphics card is nvidia geforce 6100 and os is windows xp pro. thanks.

Hsv_Man

right click properties then go into settings look at your resolution change it to something different to what it's currently on click apply then change it back to 1366x768 let us know if your screen is back to full size.

Hsv_Man

Is this computer a laptop or a desktop? is the monitor seperate to the computer? if so reset the monitor to factory default settings.

Hsv_Man

in XP there should be an option to fix the screen size and therefore fix the black line on the right side of your monitor look in properties/settings where you were if you can not fix it in there it could be a hardware problem such as your graphics card or monitor is failing.

hammy434

ok i dont think its the monitor cause i only got it today i think it might be my comps graphics card but im getting a new comp very soon anyway so thats not too bad. ill try what u said though.

hammy434

ok i plugged my laptop in to the monitor and its working (nothing cut off!!), so it looks like it was just my silly comp, good that im getting a new one soon :D thanks for all your help though!!! im so happy now!!!!!