A trojan

Diddy

I have got the following trojan:

Proxy-Piky

My Anti Virus Program McAfee Anti Virus 2006 can detect it. Then it shows a message which says that it has found the trojan. The problem is then that I cannot neither Clean, Delete nor Quarantine the file.

So what do I do?

soccerdude

Here is a link from Mcafee that will tell you how to fix it. http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.aspx

And the reason why your program doesn't do it automatically is probably because McAfee Anti Virus 2006 doesn't know how to remove it. But I am not to sure. But the removal of this trojan is very easy if you follow the steps in the link. I have had this before and it is for me the easiest trojan to remove.

cell4me

banned
And the reason why your program doesn't do it automatically is probably because McAfee Anti Virus 2006 doesn't know how to remove it.
It might not be able to remove it because it's a running process try rebooting into safemode and do a scan and see if you can get rid of it.

If that dont work download Ewido and A-squared and see if they can remove it...run them in safemode as well.

I would try to remove it with a tool first before you go and follow those removal instructions, I remember along time ago I got something and used the symantec removal instructions and it messed up my PC my desktop was gone and I could not get it back...I had to reformat.

Diddy

So what to belive what should I do? I have got two diffrent advice. I do not know which one to like follow. Please anyone?

Platinum

I will help you step by step remove this, as well as removing any adware, spyware, virus', trojans, etc.

It would be much appreciated if you could please download HiJackThis and post a logfile. To do that, please follow these steps:
  1. Download HiJackThis.zip
  2. Unzip it to a permanent directory. This will keep HJT and its backups in a common place. A very good place to put it is C:\HJT
  3. Open HiJackThis.exe and select the option to "Do a system scan and save a logfile"
  4. A notepad window will popup with all the information I need. Please paste its contents in a reply to this thread.
Note: do not attempt to "Fix" anything, as we need to see the entire log.
Also if you have any Startup items unchecked in Msconfig, check those items, reboot, then post a fresh log. HijackThis can not "see" disabled items in Startup.