A while Back I picked up a 400G HD EX

I've had a 400 G portable Hard drive for some time and it worked on XP and Vista, but I upgraded my old Laptop to Windows 7 a while back and now the portable 400G HD is not seen. It's a Western Digital Passport 2209A.
It still is seen on Vista.

I have not been able to fine a driver for W7.

Any ideas

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in disk management to see if it's seen there and just needs a drive letter assigned to it.

I just tried downloading a WD driver software again and this time the PC sees the 400G HD.

My problem was that I had the Passport already connected since last month when the driver package looked for it.

This time I removed the USB drive and ran the program, and then plugged in the portable drive. The driver package saw the new HD and now it's been added to my system.

I know W7 is old and many of the computer things I had are old, but when your retired and every penny counts, you pick your priorities and you enjoy your life. W7 is new enough for now, we don't need W10 yet. The Jones don't live out here in the country.

We have little money now, but lots of time to enjoy life, many thanks to this site for giving all of us more time to think about a problem and help to figure it out.