A10-6800K fan size?

SketchSlayer

Just need the fan size and speed (from the fan it comes with) so I can check if it's a good idea to look for a better fan

I know it's under 80mm as I got some quiet 80mm led case fans recently

Jiniix

Which case do you have? The cooler John linked isn't big, but it may not fit some of the smaller cases. But it's extremely good value.

SketchSlayer

Case would be either mid of full atx (unsure on dimensions of each but know it is atleast a mid though if height would tell you it is slightly taller than my monitor which runs 1280x1024 native res), more concerned about if that would fit the mobo. also as of late I'm obsessing over silent LED fans for some weird reason.

Also would it make sense to replace the 90x90 plastic tunnel thing for the cpu fan to vent easier (from the side of the tower) with another case fan instead?
Kinda intend to do that so yeah.

Also is the answerto my original question like 65mm? I get the feeling it is around there since the case fan spaces are 80mm and 90mm respectively.

Last edited:

SketchSlayer

Get the cooler John linked to

It instantly cut my noise by 3/4ths

Would that fit into the same sorta clip bits or what have you the base one uses?

And generally the one it came with is kinda quiet anyway outside of like 10+hours running in summer heat here (then it can get a bit loud) main noise was my old back case fan which had a myriad of issues and recently got replaced.

Also doesn't that fan speed seem slightly low for a cpu fan?

Unless speed fan in insanely far off then the factory fan is more than 3 times as powerful as that one.

Edit: looking at the motherboard I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work due to the fact the mobo is made for mini atx and the ram is rather near the apu, hey twas a cheap mobo that would hold out for a while haha>

Edit 2: just did a quick size comparison and yeah it definately won't fit, the mobo is maybe 225mmx225mm at mostand ports be kinda close
http://imgur.com/B1Sjvqa < the mobo space I have to work with, that little glint to the right under the cables is the heatsink on the nearest of the ram chips, the lighting is a little screwed cause either it would be blinding or that haha.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yes, it has a mounting bracket you place on the bottom of the motherboard and it goes through those four holes.

SketchSlayer

Yes, it has a mounting bracket you place on the bottom of the motherboard and it goes through those four holes.

Thanks, sadly looking at the mobo the space restrictions of having a mini atx board in my tower(was due to price vs what I would get out of it, especially with shipping costs to this corner of hell know as new zealand) are gonna make sure that doesn't fit

Could be useful for future reference at least (thought I am a little put off by the fact it seems to have a rather low fan speed for a cpu mount.

Jiniix

I've used it plenty times on mATX boards, can't imagine it being a problem on a motherboard without heatsinks - unless I understand your concern wrongly.
Also, is it the CM 212 Evo fan speed you are put off by? Don't be. The larger the fan, the lower the RPM.
I have a 200mm fan with max RPM of 600. I run my 140mm and 120mm CPU fans at around 500-700 RPM as well, keeping a ~130W CPU very cool.

SketchSlayer

I've used it plenty times on mATX boards, can't imagine it being a problem on a motherboard without heatsinks - unless I understand your concern wrongly.
Also, is it the CM 212 Evo fan speed you are put off by? Don't be. The larger the fan, the lower the RPM.
I have a 200mm fan with max RPM of 600. I run my 140mm and 120mm CPU fans at around 500-700 RPM as well, keeping a ~130W CPU very cool.

I think I may have been confused as to heatsink style as I personally hadn't ran into vert heatsink setups before, was basing it on the idea of a 120x120 heatsink in a mobo as small as mine lol.