Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh! I'm Gonna Kill Myself!

chuzwozza

Ok so here's the problem...I have a Belkin Wireless Router setup in my home. We've got the router setup upstairs on PC 1, and I connect via a Belkin Wireless USB thingy downstairs on PC 2. All of a sudden today on PC 2 I lose connection to the internet, and I cant understand why. I try all the usual stuff like turning things off and on again to no result. Meanwhile PC 1 is the same as it's always been...no problems at all!
Basically when I try and connect to our network on PC 2 it connects ok but I get the message that the network has limited connectivity. I check my system tray and signal strength is perfect, and I am connected to the network, I just dont get any Internet access.
I also get this message when I click 'Repair' under my connection settings it says...

'I might not be able to get internet access because the network has not assigned my computer with a network address'

What's that all about?!!!!!!

Trizoy

VIP Member
Disocnnect and remove the adaptor, then restart. Re-install the adaptor and go for it... That should fix it.

chuzwozza

ok guys I'll give it a try. Will let you know how it goes!

By the way Mark Lamarr played my bands CD on his Radio 2 show this morning. Yay!

chuzwozza

Hmmm I gave it a try and it hasn't solved it. It just says 'Acquiring Network Address' and doesn't go any further. Any other ideas?

Trizoy

VIP Member
Disable dhcp and assign a local ip address from the pool. It may be interference from another device. Try changing the channel in the router settings.