Abit BX6 ver. 2 help

captduckie

Video card on Abit BX6 ver. 2

My daughter has the Abit BX6 version 2 mobo and am trying to upgrade the video card for my daughter to play the Sims 2. It requires either the ATI Radeon 7200 (or greater) or the NVIDIA GeForce2 (or greater).

The board is NOT a 1.5v (I recently found out after purchasing the wrong video card from ebay. PLEASE HELP...I need to know what video card will go into this board.

captduckie

My daughter has the Abit BX6 version 2 mobo and am trying to upgrade the video card for my daughter to play the Sims 2. It requires either the ATI Radeon 7200 (or greater) or the NVIDIA GeForce2 (or greater).

The board is NOT a 1.5v (I recently found out after purchasing the wrong video card from ebay. PLEASE HELP...I need to know what video card will go into this board.

4W4K3

VIP Member
captduckie said:

are you looking for an AGP card or a PCI card? this board features an AGP 2X slot...so you need an AGP 2X or earlier card...anything more probably wont run on it. a 4X/8X card is not compatible i believe. sry about the bad purchase...bummer.

captduckie

I am looking for the AGP card. This should give me something to work with. Anything else from anyone would be greatly appreciated though!

captduckie

Thank you for responding so quickly. The game calls for at least 32mb and I'm not sure this card could handle it!

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
captduckie said:
Thank you for responding so quickly. The game calls for at least 32mb and I'm not sure this card could handle it!

i think best bet would be getting a newer board. an AGP 4X/8X board isnt that expensive....almost ALL board produced now have them. its considered old technology now that PCI-E is introduced...

captduckie

That card does not support 1x. I've thought about getting a new board, but that'd take so much more work than just upgrading the graphics card for a stupid sims 2 game, know what I mean?!?

captduckie

That card has a different slot configuration. My AGP slot has only one notch, this card has 2 notches, it won't fit!

4W4K3

VIP Member
captduckie said:
That card has a different slot configuration. My AGP slot has only one notch, this card has 2 notches, it won't fit!

if ONE of the notches is in the same place as ur slot it will fit. the other notch is probably for older AGP models...it will fit as long as ONE of the slots ligns up.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Grab any older video card and you should be ok. I.e., Pre-GeForceFX, Pre-Radeon9200

-Thread merged-