abit ic7-g query

sh33p1985

small query, bottom right of the motherboard (where u plug in the speakers, on/off reset buttons etc there are two leds, red and green i know green is power but what is the other? cos i normally associate red with bad!
help is appreciated, thanks

tristan

Abit puts a red led as just a indicator that power is going to the board. Green meaning the board is activated and working. Anytime there is power going to the board it will have the red led on.

sh33p1985

tristan said:
Abit puts a red led as just a indicator that power is going to the board. Green meaning the board is activated and working. Anytime there is power going to the board it will have the red led on.

phew thats alright then, its just that i put in two new fans at the front of the case and did a bit of cable tying which was needed and at first i swicthed pc back on to test it lite up and cut out, was worried id upset something but i think i had knocked something while potching inside the case with the cables cos its powers up ok now...

tristan

doing some wire management eh? Check this out for some ideas :D

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 238

Grimulus

tristan said:
doing some wire management eh? Check this out for some ideas :D

that's friggin' amazing. i think i'm going to have to do that. i never though to bring some cable through the other side...would be a bit annoying if you had to change something though i would imagine. i've always had a problem keeping things clean looking.

tristan

Yeah man. Thats not my rig but those pics show what I was talking about. I will post the pics of mine when I get home. Wait till you see how much wire I stuffed behind there.

Having your wires tucked like that increases the airflow in your case a TON.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
thats a server right? or else why would u want 5 hdds on at once lol.
Nah, you'd be surprised how fast HDD space gets chewed up ... i could use another TB right about now that i mention it....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hardly:
- DVD encoding/ripping (4-12GB a pop)
- D3D capturing (6-40GB a pop)
- Digital photography (512MB every 5 minutes)
:)