Which is better Abit or Asus

• Abit

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Asus

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
I prefer Asus, but theres nothing wrong with Abit. If your trying to find out which motherboard you should go with, theres alot more to it then just brand names.

Tayl

VIP Member
Pretty much what I was about to say. You can't really pick off a better motherboard simply by it's brand name. In my experience though I've had trouble with Asus hardware so I wouldn't vote them for anything other than them being the bad choice of the poll.

Breaks.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thats like saying, "Whats better, Intel or AMD?" Everyone would probably say Intel, but what if they were talking about an AMD X2 5000+ and an Intel Celeron D 2.2Ghz.

dansilva

I have been a Abit user for a long time but its time for a change, thinking of going for an Asus MB. In my experience I never had a major problem with Abit so I would vote for Abit in this case.

salman

I chose Abit simply because they have never let me down and i have used abit in most of my builds. However like said above, there's a lot more to it than just brand names.

Jughead

banned
Out of those two I guess either one is fine but Asus would probably be better for overclocking. But my main choice right now is Gigabyte they make great overclocking boards for the Core 2 Duo.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Used to use alot of Abit boards, but a few years ago they seem to have some bios issues. But in the last year they seem to have made a pretty good turn around.

HumanMage

I chose Asus, from what I've read and from what little bit of experiene I have had with them they are a solid board.

PabloTeK

I'm indifferent, while I've had good experiences with Asus boards Abit do one board I'm interested in particularly. The F-190-HD as it's quite cheap relatively speaking and has a HDMI output.