About cookies.....

PC eye

banned
Programs like Ad-Aware and Spyware Terminator find and remove those. But those are so common just go to any shopping site like bizrate or nextag and run a scan to find a few right off. Nothing totally prevents text files like those since those are also part of the IE history process but have a different purpose there. These programs simply separate those from the ones you want to keep.

lubo4444

and also what's better AVG Professional edition antivirus or Nod32? and how do you use evidencenuker?

PC eye

banned
AVG Pro is the full retail version generally provided for corporate use. You are talking a program used by IT professionals there. I've never used Evidence Nuker. That's also a retail product for thoroughly cleaning all traces of IE activity off of a system.

It is one that comes recommended if you want to see everything gone. I've never had the need for it here however. Just following the steps mentioned earlier work for most.

2048Megabytes

Have any of you ever tried SuperAntiSpyware? Do you have any opinions on this software?

I use this software along with Spybot to combat the garbage spyware that may get onto my system.

lubo4444

Umm no i never used that program and thanks again with the programs you gave me i cleaned my computer now i dont get the things i had before thanks a lot :) and i installed AVG anti-spyware pro

PC eye

banned
The AVG Antimalware tool will simply add a little more protection against some things that would generally slip past antivirus programs. I've probably run across Super AntiSpyware by name but have never used it here.

I have used SpyBot S&D but have to give Ad-Aware and Spyware Terminator a higher rating. S&D is one to keep there however since that usually gets good reviews. The best protection is actually smart browsing as well as being familiar with several program not just one or two since you might need a special remover for something new that comes along.

lubo4444

i dont really know that program the one that the guy mentoned if we tryed it and i have no opinion of it. But Thanks again my pc is really clean now 10X

PC eye

banned
The Crawler toolbar has some interesting features found in it namely the Web Security Guard's site rating feature as well as a link for running ST from the tool bar itself.

lubo4444

yea i installed the crawler toolbar it really helps though it tells you if the website is safe or not it's good.

PC eye

banned
The system here has been spotless as well as the prior 939 build since I added ST into the list of programs used. I still keep Ad-Aware onboard since that catches other things that one or the other misses. The ST scanner seems to find the data miners that Ad-Aware seems to miss as well as seeing the web feature with the addon toolbar. Most of the addons usually open doors for adwares and other things.

PC eye

banned
I imagine that if the free version is good the retail version would be far more full featured there. The same could be said for AVG Pro being a retail product. For retail three names come up for firewalls being Comodo, Sygate, and Jetico.

Forget the free version of Zone Alarm while the others edge past their retail product. Only the latest version of Jetico is listed for Vista 32/64bit editions as seen at http://www.jetico.com/download.htm

The Big 3 named here get the most often seen recommends by many. The one thing about most firewall programs to note however is the effect on multiplaying online. You have to configure each gaming server into the allowed list as you go along or simply disable the one used if problems come up.