About Microsoft Excel

hsp700

In Excel, rows and columns can be deleted manually but,
'Is there any function in Excel by which:
1) I can delete rows/columns of data which does not pass the condition set by me
2) I can delete rows/columns of data which does pass the condition set by me'?

I use more than one internet connections in my pc, and I use networx to monitor internet usage through my pc, but networx cannot monitor usage from different connections separately.
though it can export all data to Excel.
in Excel the data looks like:

Connection Time Duration Total data usage(bytes)
X
X
Y
Y
A
X

I can delete rows of connections Y and A manually if I want to know total usage of connection X, but I want to do it with just one click I mean by some function.

Nanobyte

There is no simple way of doing it. You need a macro of some kind. The most efficient would be to use Excel's VBA capabilities. You could also do it using one of the common macro programs like AutoIt, Autohotkey, Macro Express. All require programming knowledge of some sort.

If you google something like "remove rows in excel" you will find a few specific solutions to other people's problems, mostly from forums. You may be able to get someone to point you in the right direction.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
As Nanobyte said, you'll have to write a maco to do it for you. It's really not that hard to write one, just read up some guides and you'll be fine. Then you can make a big button on your excel sheet that executes the macro (probably filled with a lot of if then statements).