About my Anti Virus Protectors

Hello I recently picked up free malware bytes, and Superantispyware free. Is there another virus protector do i need? Thanks for your time and comments..

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Neither of those are anti-virus. Unless you have MalwareBytes Pro you don't get real-time protection. You're best off ditching Superantispyware and installing Avast.

Last edited:

AnonNone

Neither of those are anti-virus. Unless you have MalwareBytes Pro you don't get real-time protection. You're best off ditching Superantispyware and installing Aaast.

Wat.

Can I keep these and get that one free?

Yes, there is a free version of Aaast, but Aaast isn't really that expensive anyway if you want to get full service.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's called Avast and you don't need to buy the paid version. The free version works well. You can also run free version of Malwarebytes along side of it. Nothing else is needed. Don't download any weird programs that have malware included with it. Like those programs that say they will speed up your pic or fix registry errors. They won't but they will screw up your system.

It's called Avast and you don't need to buy the paid version. The free version works well. You can also run free version of Malwarebytes along side of it. Nothing else is needed. Don't download any weird programs that have malware included with it. Like those programs that say they will speed up your pic or fix registry errors. They won't but they will screw up your system.
Hey my friend.. Thanks You, Thank You. You really been healful. alot of peeps on here i guess aint no helping. but i'm glad you and a couple others helped me out. and thanks again. That's what the community is for.helping others! also i got malware and i got the SUPER ANTI PROFESSIONAL so i should be good. I had 1 virus or something a bug i guess. it cleaned it up. it said to remove or clean. something like thAT.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
also i got malware and i got the SUPER ANTI PROFESSIONAL so i should be good. I had 1 virus or something a bug i guess. it cleaned it up. it said to remove or clean. something like thAT.

So you have Malwarebytes and Superantispyware professional? Then there is no need to have Malwarebytes as Superantispyware will actively scan your system as soon as you are at your desktop screen.

I would also suggest running the first 2 programs here as you will most likely have malware that Malwarebytes or Superantispyware won't pick up.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

Hey man wow that's a lot of work todo, tell me first why I should do these things. I know a lot of peeps on here want to try to hack people, and I see no reason doing all that you suggested. please let m eknow something on this though. why I should do ALL THAT? thanks/..
So you have Malwarebytes and Superantispyware professional? Then there is no need to have Malwarebytes as Superantispyware will actively scan your system as soon as you are at your desktop screen.

I would also suggest running the first 2 programs here as you will most likely have malware that Malwarebytes or Superantispyware won't pick up.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you think those tools are for hacking? They are not. They are used to to help remove infections. They will remove stuff you never knew you had. You can do what you want but I'm just trying to help you make sure you are no longer infected and get the best performance from your computer.

AnonNone

So you think those tools are for hacking? They are not. They are used to to help remove infections. They will remove stuff you never knew you had. You can do what you want but I'm just trying to help you make sure you are no longer infected and get the best performance from your computer.

John, you misread the situation though, he was never infected he just wanted an opinion on the antivirus software he was using.

EDIT: Aaast. (had to again)

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member

Okay two things:

1: When I mentioned Avast, I made a typo. Big whoop. No need to make a big deal over it.

2: You're not the OP of the thread, so why are you so worried about what is being posted? Your posts in this thread aren't bringing any significant help to the thread.

AnonNone

Okay two things:

1: When I mentioned Avast, I made a typo. Big whoop. No need to make a big deal over it.

2: You're not the OP of the thread, so why are you so worried about what is being posted? Your posts in this thread aren't bringing any significant help to the thread.

I just thought it was funny, no deals being made, and I was just letting John know that he never asked for help removing malware so he wouldn't waste his time. (John's time I don't mean the OP)

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I just thought it was funny, no deals being made, and I was just letting John know that he never asked for help removing malware so he wouldn't waste his time. (John's time I don't mean the OP)

It's never a waste of time. If OP wishes to remain possibly infected, that's up to them. John simply recommends running the anti-malware scanners whenever anyone says they removed something malicious, and I always agree with him.

Okedokey

John, you misread the situation though, he was never infected he just wanted an opinion on the antivirus software he was using.

EDIT: Aaast. (had to again)

I had 1 virus or something a bug i guess. it cleaned it up. it said to remove or clean. something like thAT.

From our experience it is always never the case that any virus is simply cleaned up like that.... there are usually remaining issues. Thats why John offered to look at the logs.

AnonNone

It's never a waste of time. If OP wishes to remain possibly infected, that's up to them. John simply recommends running the anti-malware scanners whenever anyone says they removed something malicious, and I always agree with him.

That's my point though, I was just stating that the OP never said he needed help with any malware and I just didn't want anyone's time wasted from a misunderstanding.

From our experience it is always never the case that any virus is simply cleaned up like that.... there are usually remaining issues. Thats why John offered to look at the logs.

EDIT: I'm stupid, I didn't see that post, forgive me. D:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its because if he only used an antivirus program and say Malwarebytes or even Superantispyware to clean up his pc then chances are high that there are other programs and browser addons installed that these programs didn't catch. Adwcleaner will usually catch a lot of crap on your system. Even Junkware removal tool will catch stuff Adwcleaner didn't.

So its always best to run other programs that will make sure he's clean. But my point was the OP acted like the programs I wanted him to run were hacking programs.

Hey bros IM BACK whats up my homies.. my computer is doing awesome......LOL WHAT IS UP WITH YALL

Hey JOHN I got malwarebytes now the paid subscription.. and Norton anit paid . so I guess im good on the spyware and malware BS

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt it. Nothing is full proof. And don't be commenting on others posts that I'm trying to help, your comments aren't welcome and they have been deleted.