?? about Real Player not working

Hope this is the right place to post this. Brand new computer and downloaded Real Player. The problem is any time I try to use it a window pops up and says that Real Player is not working and we are trying to find a solution. Worked perfect on my old computer. Computer is a emachines EL1358G-51w with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Thanks for the help!

jamesd1981

Make sure you have the newest version of realplayer 15.0.2.72, also make sure you adobe flashplayer installed and java runtime 7.0.3

Make sure you have the newest version of realplayer 15.0.2.72, also make sure you adobe flashplayer installed and java runtime 7.0.3

Did everything you said to do and still will not work. After it downloads I get the message "RealPlayer Downloader has stopped working" Checking for solutions.

On my old computer everything was working great. It had Windows XP OS. I got this new computer and to be honest with you it doesn't work as well as the old one. Read something that RealPlayer does not work on the 64 bit system but only on a 32 bit system. How the heck is anyone able to keep this stuff straight?

jamesd1981

If it is just the downloader that is not working that is pretty common, you have to go into your firewall and allow the program permission.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Simple solution: Don't use RealPlayer. Use VLC or Media Player Classic.

Somehow this pic just seemed appropriate here:

real.jpg

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Wow RealPlayer does not work on 64-bit systems?That sucks lol.

Anyway here are my recommendations:

-Windows media player 9 (my favorite) or 10
-VLC media player
-Media player classic is also not bad

Cheers!

jamesd1981

Wow RealPlayer does not work on 64-bit systems?That sucks lol.

Real player does work on 64 bit stars, i am on win 7 64 bit and use realplayer and vlc and don`t have any problems.

Real player does tend to get blocked by windows firewall and you have to manually allow permission, or the downloader can simply get disabled in the browser add ons.

Just got done doing the firewall thing to let RealPlayer in. Same message:"RealPlayer Downloader has stopped working". I'm done with trying to get RealPlayer to work. Any other program out there that will let me to download videos and works just as easy as RealPlayer? I think it's very easy to use.
Maybe i'm doing something that's against the law.

Just did a little research and several post's say that YouTube does not want you to use RealPlayer. If this a legal problem that's fine.. I can live without RealPlayer. So I will.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Real player does work on 64 bit stars, i am on win 7 64 bit and use realplayer and vlc and don`t have any problems.

Real player does tend to get blocked by windows firewall and you have to manually allow permission, or the downloader can simply get disabled in the browser add ons.[/QUOTE]

Well I honestly wouldn't know wether RealPlayer works on 64-bit systems or not since I don't use it at ALL and never did.And I don't use it because I don't need it since WMP 9 and VLC does a great job.

Cheers!