? about selling on ebay/half.com

jasonz

What is required to sell stuff on ebay. I have bought things on several ocasions, but i had some textbooks id like to sell and i was wondering about how to go about doing that.

More specifically, what is media mail. Is it a certain shipping method, because i've received packages with media mail stamps on them before. Can you just use ups or USPS?

Thanks, JAson

rbxslvr

What is required to sell stuff on ebay. I have bought things on several ocasions, but i had some textbooks id like to sell and i was wondering about how to go about doing that.

More specifically, what is media mail. Is it a certain shipping method, because i've received packages with media mail stamps on them before. Can you just use ups or USPS?

Thanks, JAson

Selling things on eBay is relatively simple. What packages had mediamail stamps?

I know eBay has some option when you sell your item for objects with virtual delivery, eg. a program or document that can be emailed to you... but since you got a physical package, I don't think that is what it is

jasonz

some books i ordered from half.com, which is part of ebay.

look at the shipping options on this

Thats the thing i wanna make sure i do right when i start selling, the way i am supposed to send the material.

rbxslvr

some books i ordered from half.com, which is part of ebay.

look at the shipping options on this

Thats the thing i wanna make sure i do right when i start selling, the way i am supposed to send the material.
you can send anything with normal shipping methods. (unless it requires different shipping methods, for reasons specific to the item)

Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

There are presorted rates available for bulk quantities of Media Mail (minimum quantity is 300 pieces).
A barcode discount is available for Media Mail.
Rates are based on weight and size.

Quoted from USPS website