about speaker connection

kenny1999

Please look at the photo taken from the back of my speaker.

Which one should I connect to ? PC or AUX ??

I've tested both, they both work, however, what does PC mean and what does AUX mean?

why there are two sets of connections?

Can I connect two sources (for example, desktop PC + TV or another PC ) at the same time and work at the same time? What will happen when two sources are providing at the same time to the speakers?? Would it ruin the speaker?

2uy4yzn.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
Looks like it has two source inputs, is there an input switch someplace on it to switch between PC and Aux?

Intel_man

VIP Member
I would think it's just so he can hook up two devices to the speaker almost acting like a built-in splitter.

strollin

My guess is that the 2 speaker inputs are designed for different input levels. The PC input is a high level output (amplified) while the AUX input is a low level input. It's not advisable to attach 2 different devices simultaneously. It won't harm the speaker but there probably is no way to select only 1 device. It's also possible that the a signal entering 1 of the inputs could then become an output to the other input and damage the device attached to it.

StrangleHold

Staff member
My guess its just 2 inputs. PC being the main. Hench the other is called AUX. I would think the PC input would over ride the AUX.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It'll probably play both if both devices are broadcasting audio signals. Usually only headphone ports would block the other inputs.