About to go insane..

C4C

So that thread I had going a while back. http://www.computerforum.com/232024-win-10-crash-artifacts-screen.html

Got my RAM yesterday. Got it working real nicely. Didn't even care it was running at the automatic speed of 1600MHz cause I wanted to game. Today I bumped it up to 2133MHz and THE PROBLEM CAME BACK.

Now I'm not sure if it's my motherboard or RAM again but I tried 1866MHz too. No success.

It's running on automatic timing and I'm not sure if I should set it to the CL11-11-11-30 that the RAM has printed on it.

I'm currently running 1333MHz and finally got to the log in screen with no issues.

Please. I'm about to :gun: this computer up.. :angry::angry:

UPDATE: Just played Minecraft (I run GSLS/SEUS shaders and optifine so it's hardware intensive).. I changed the framerate off of "VSync" and it crashed. Could my issue be the GPU? It's up-to-date on the drivers. Frustrated so much.. Just gonna wait for some responses and then start tackling the issue.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Is it 2133 memory or are you overclocking it? If it is 2133 you need to manually set the speed plus the timing and voltage?

Darren

Staff member
One thing at a time. Figure out your RAM first.

If the auto setting isn't working manually set the speeds and voltages. Try switching RAM position. I have 4 sticks, 2 RipJawx and 2 Kingston. My computer won't boot if I have a Kingston in the first slot, but has no problems with the RipJawX in the first slot. It's always done this. Don't have a clue why.

I don't know what your previous issues have been but I would suggest updating your BIOS if you haven't yet already.

Don't rule out a bad motherboard either.

Reseat everything. CPU, GPU, RAM, cabling, everything. I've had this fix issues before.

C4C

Is it 2133 memory or are you overclocking it? If it is 2133 you need to manually set the speed plus the timing and voltage?

2133MHz RAM. I can manually set the speed and timing, but not the voltage :confused:
I'll probably call MSI when I get home from school in ~6 hours..

I believe it is 2133 memory, did you enable the XMP profile, or just set it to that?

XMP is an Intel thing in my BIOS. I have no idea what it does but I'm weary about it.

ninjabubbles3

That's why its crashing. The voltage isn't enough. XMP profiles and whatever the equivalent is on AMD automatically sets the voltage as well as speed and timings

C4C

I enabled "Intel XMP profiling" and chose "profile 1"

Results came as "2133MHz 11-11-11-30 1.6V"

I'm guessing this is what I want, going to reboot and test in Minecraft again..

UPDATE: Was about to start minecraft and windows crashed. Said first that there was a KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED", it rebooted and had a "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXPECTION_NOT_HANDLED" error.

Mobo reverted to default settings, Intel XMP still enabled: windows started to boot and then had full artifacts on screen. Kinda looked like a rainbow carpet..

Anyways, one website say that the second error is cause by GPU drivers. The only time I've gotten errors is when the RAM is above 1600MHz and I adjust quality settings in game..

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
This really sounds like a RAM or motherboard issue to me. If you've gotten replacement RAM and still having problems I wouldn't be surprised if it's the board.

C4C

This really sounds like a RAM or motherboard issue to me. If you've gotten replacement RAM and still having problems I wouldn't be surprised if it's the board.

I think it's either the board or the GPU. I'll see if my smarter neighbor will help me. Might try to plug his GTX 780 in my build.

and vice versa with my card in his..

tylerjrb

I have 1600mhz RAM but no matter what i do it wont run stable at anything above that even though my board can take 1866mhz, i can run it for benchmarks but it will eventually crash if i keep running it for games. ive tried everything to no success.

C4C

I think it might be motherboard related. I put my GPU in the 2nd slot and not a single issue. Until I started playing Minecraft and it freaked out. Going over to my neighbors soon. Catcha later.

C4C

It's my graphics card. Crashed while starting up BF4 on my neighbors rig.

Filed a RMA request with Sapphire (cause I did a rebate & newegg won't take it back without an attached UPC).

It'll probably be 2-3 weeks before I get this damn thing back.

Wish I would have know 2 weeks ago when I RMA'd my memory instead...

Darren

Staff member
It's my graphics card. Crashed while starting up BF4 on my neighbors rig.

Filed a RMA request with Sapphire (cause I did a rebate & newegg won't take it back without an attached UPC).

It'll probably be 2-3 weeks before I get this damn thing back.

Wish I would have know 2 weeks ago when I RMA'd my memory instead...

My turn around time for Sapphire was just at about two weeks from shipping mine out to receiving the replacement. They shipped to/from California.