Access IF staement help

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Hi, i need some help on MS Access. Nested IF statements have a max variable count of 7 i think, so wha tif i need to choose from somethign with 12 variables, is there any other staement or function i can use to do this that runs along the same lines of an IF statement.

#Thanks, help is urgently needed, dragon2309 :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
dragon2309 said:
Hi, i need some help on MS Access. Nested IF statements have a max variable count of 7 i think, so wha tif i need to choose from somethign with 12 variables, is there any other staement or function i can use to do this that runs along the same lines of an IF statement.

#Thanks, help is urgently needed, dragon2309 :D

take a look at a case statement.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
ok, it seems like it could do what i want it to, but i really have no clue where to start, shall i enter this into a query criteria box, or on the form itself ina new field box...??

Can you give a few hitns as to what the code would look like, i have two fields, obviously. One is 'lesson_type' and one is 'cost' i want the cost to change depending on what is selected in the lesson type box.

LESSON TYPE ----------- COST

Beginner 1hour ----------- 15
Beginner 2hour ----------- 29
Beginner 3hour ----------- 42
Test Retake 1hour -------- 13
Test Retake 2hour -------- 25
Test Retake 3hour ---------36
Disqualified Retake 1hour -- 25
Disqualified Retake 2hour -- 49
Disqualified Retake 3hour -- 72
Advanced 1hour ---------- 10
Advanced 2hour ---------- 19
Advanced 3hour ---------- 27

Is ti possible to do that, change the cost correpsonding to what one is entered in lesson_type...??? And where do i put it??? What do i do with it??

Thanks, dragon2309 :(