accessing internet through a network type thing

tonymaclennan

I can access the web on a network at the moment but the restrictions are shit so is it possible to use the internet to access the web through a computer that is about 30 miles away which is stand-alone and the restriction is not on.

apj101

VIP Member
you could reote desktop into it. Or you could set it up as a non public proxy and proxy through to it. But i doubt that will fully work in your case

Camper

you wold have to know your computer IP address. Then use the remote desktop program. It is the accessories/communication menu is the start menu.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Restrictions in speed? Or restrictions in ports/ip's you can use/visit? If your hate the speed, there is nothing you can do about it, except get a different ISP.. If it is ports and websites which you use that are being blocked you can connect to your other desktop via REMOTE DESTOP CONNECTION. It is free win WINXP Pro. Here is a link to set it up at home. very good guide.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx

If you mean something else by "restrictions" let us know, and we can tell you your options.

tonymaclennan

I mean the network I am on is blocking the port.
Not only can I not manage PLESK but I cant get in to Nochex.

Im gona give your suggestion a go.