Accessing my belkin Router Wirelessley? is it possible?

justinzornes

hello all, i ahve a belkin wirless router which is currently unsecured. im wondering if it is possible to access my router to change configurations wirelessly? as i understand it you must be hard wired to the router to access this information, is this correct? Any help appreciated, i would move the router nearer to my computer but cant.
-cheers

nffc10

No you can change your configurations, if you've connected wirelessly then go to cmd and type ipconfig.
Where it says default gateway, type that IP in your address bar and it will take you to your router homepage.

axgrinder73

No you can change your configurations, if you've connected wirelessly then go to cmd and type ipconfig.
Where it says default gateway, type that IP in your address bar and it will take you to your router homepage.

Yes, and you will need to enter a username and password to gain access. Most routers use "admin" as the default username and password.

You should also change the password while you are accessing the interface, (if you haven't done so already.)

LA1

..also make sure you right down ur settings because you will be kicked out as soon as you change ur ip or something major,,, then you would just have to reset the router.