Accessing PCs Remotely

I'm looking for a software where I can access client computers when working remotely. Can you guys suggest something ideal? Our IT department needs to administer approx 100 users as we have some people working from abroad. What do you use for such purpose? I would rather go for something freeware if possible but if not, please give me other options which I can use. Most of the clients are running Win 10 Pro.

Maybe someone can suggest a guide that we can follow to setup something ourselves?

tremmor

I wouldn't use a free ver. I had problems years ago using RealVNC free. Seen my mouse moving around
while directories were being searched. get a pay ver that is secure. RealVNC did have pay ver. Check Teamviewer. There are others here that will reply with newer updates and suggestions.

_Pete_

Not entirely sure of this thread in view of the OP's avatar but Teamviewer has my vote but you will have to pay as you are a business. the problem with Teamviewer is that there is a free option that is wide open to scammers as witnessed by the idiots that use it to scam unwary computer users.

AlienMenace

I've been using Teamviewer for yrs. It is free for Personal use, but Businesses are required to pay. And I always use it with a passwords for the people that I set up.

Last edited:

tremmor

Mine was a pay ver. yes, it was password protected. for me it made no diff.
I didn't understand and had the impression it was related to sniffing ip etc.
Did a military wipe and new installation. would have to do more homework before
if purchasing and installing again.

beers

Staff member
Do your users VPN into an HQ to work or anything? You could just access any application over the tunnel in a secure fashion.

Otherwise things like Bomgar have enterprise-level designed applications where you can manage hundreds of users at a time. It's not free but it generally pays for itself in labor if you need that feature extensively.

Alternatively you could use teamviewer, VNC, RDP, depends on what remote support angle you're looking at.

Agent Smith

Teamviewer is pretty versatile. But I would two factor auth the account once created. You use the App on your smartdevice called Authy. You can install the Teamviewer service on all the clients computers and remote in when ever you need to.

I have two factored everything I can. When I need the token and my phone is away from the computer, I use Teamviewer to remote into my phone. Yes, there's 'an App for that.' Granted, like everything there are possible vulnerabilities, but it's another layer of protection.