Acer Aspire/// good laptop?

Crazydude185

I'm getting ready for college and ive decided to settle on this laptop. (Acer Aspire 5720 6497 Laptop Computer) It will be used for moderate gaming and basic college functions. I'm getting a good deal on it because it was a display for the store around 1050.00(US) so i was just wondering what you thought about it, if you had heard any bad rumors about it?:confused: It will end up costing me about 1400.00(US) because im getting the three year warranty with it to. I'm getting it from best buy. So even if it messes up because it was a display computer (which it doesnt look bad at all) I can get any part of it replaced with quote " of equal or better equipment for free within the three years" unquote. The 3 year warranty is 350.00 (US) but it covers everything except, theft and "Willful damage" aka damaging it on purpose. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...80-1505&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE (website for it , dont know why the audio on the video doesn't work) just though might be helpful.

azwebs

What kind of 'moderate gaming' are you referring to? I don't think this laptop would be very good for 3D games if it played them at all, but things like Doom 3 are definitely out of the question without a 3D graphics card, and unless this has one that it doesn't mention (highly unlikely), you won't be able to play 3D games. If you're not looking as much at 3D games, this laptop seems like the perfect college 'toy'.

bumblebee_tuna

Keep in mind that the 8600m GT has GDDR2 on this laptop so although it will be good for gaming, you wouldn't be able to use the graphics card to its full potential. In my opinion, I wouldn't necesarily buy it; it has a fairly weak processor compared to what you can get, the graphics card has GDDR2, it has an overall bad design (touchpad is too wide and not very sensitive, media buttons can be accidentally activated). But it's not to say that it's a bad computer, for what you're paying, you're getting an HD DVD drive, 2.1 speakers, and the new Intel smart-memory-something.........