Acer Aspire help

norvegas25

Hey i got a little old desktop Aspire M5630-1R77
4Gb DDR 2 ram
Gefore 8600Gt 1gb
Intel core 2 quad
Its not the best one but its still working most of the games on good graphics
but problem is it had very much dust so i wanted to clean up i took everything out and cleaned set back up again, when i try turn it on, in motherboard little thing makes weird noice and my screen no respond, i think it is something with graphic card maybe i did. Maybe theres other problems could be, if you got any ideas i would be grateful :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try reseating video card and memory and see if that helps. What all did you do when you cleaned it up? What "little motherboard thing" is making the noise? Is it a speaker? Can you post pics?

norvegas25

Well i am not pretty sure how to reset video card and memory without turning pc on screen. here some pics, on the first pic what is marked red around is the thing that makes sound i think

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not reset, reseat which means you remove them and reinsert them to make sure they have good contact. Again, what exactly did you do when you cleaned it up? Did you remove anything? What did you use to clean it up? Trying to pinpoint what you may have done here....

norvegas25

i did remove mostly of things left was hardisk, motherboard and power, used spray from dust and kind of towel wich was when i bought with the dust spray to computers.

jonnyp11

yes, he's saying when you put it back in you may have done it wrong or something got in there, so pull it out again and then put it back in, it halp most of the time, one time i dissassembled my comp and had to reseat the ram before it would work again.

norvegas25

Lol i don't bellieve it, it actually works i did reseat all, something was wrong maybe. Thank you very much guys was about to buy a new desktop :D
But now when my cp is over 15% my cooler starts to work and makes high sounds, any idea why ?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you remove the heatsink at all when you were cleaning? If you did, then you need to reapply thermal paste after you clean off the old stuff.

norvegas25

I see thanks, will try buy that one, and btw i am thinking to upgrade it for around 2000$ should i buy everything new or i can still keep the hard drive and other small things like DVD?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would buy everything new as all the parts you have are somewhat old. And $2000 for a good build is way overkill, you can get a good build under $1000

norvegas25

thiking to have something like this here. if you would perfer me something other it would be nice its ofcourse for gaming :)should i take water cooling ?
Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4Ghz
Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB SATA 6Gb/s

norvegas25

So other choice is for around price
XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5
Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5
Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX

But is it worth buying water cooling for this pc?

jonnyp11

for what you want you'd want more like this

i5 2500k
(brands he stated) 6970 or 570 (570's physx and arkham city would be nice, but the other's 2gb's vram is also good, since the only thing over 1.2gb's on a 570 is 3gb's for 100 more)
1tb 7200rpm hdd
64gb ssd
gigabyte/asus z68 mobo
650w psu

with the other components and the os that ends up around 1500 or less i think. might be a little more depending on exact parts picked.

norvegas25

Few questions
why not I7 260 because i thod I7= quad core makes big differences comapred to others.
I heared that GB on Graphic card dont mean anything if you play on 1screen or not big one like tv 50" or something.
And last question, i dont understand this ssd thing what supossed to be there the game file or recovery, and does this ssd make so big difference to normal hdd ?

Last edited:

norvegas25

Few questions
why not I7 260 because i thod I7= quad core makes big differences comapred to others.
I heared that GB on Graphic card dont mean anything if you play on 1screen or not big one like tv 50" or something.
And last question, i dont understand this ssd thing what supossed to be there the game file or recovery, and does this ssd make so big difference to normal hdd ?

"Bump"

JaredC.

If you wanna kick the extra money for the i7-2600, I would certainly do it. It will out perform the i5-2500 in every aspect.

As far as VRAM goes, more is better. Most new games, like bf3, are demanding over 1gb of VRAM on its highest setting.

JaredC.

At the moment most people just do a 64GB SSD for the Operating System, and then use a HDD for everything else. What you use the SSD for really depends on how much you want to spend for the storage. a 64GB SSD will run near and over $100, where as a HDD at 500GB only costs around $40-$50.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The ssd should hold your OS install and your most used games, everything else should be on a standard storage HDD.