Acer Aspire-WalMart-Your Opinions please.

Have a wireless router and was thinking of buying a netbook. Walmart sells a ACER ASPIRE for $250. I like Walmart's extended warranty that you can buy. My wife wants one just for surfing the web and using Face Book. She also uploads many pictures to Face Book.

This is all she would use it for. It says it comes with Windows 7 Starter. Would she still be able to do what she want's to do or would she have to buy something right away? What does Windows 7 Starter do? Thanks for your help!

ScOuT

VIP Member
It will be fine for just basic web surfing and Facebook. That is what they are designed for actually. It will not be able to do much more than just that.

Windows 7 starter is a very basic operating system. You cannot even change the desktop background picture.

She will be able to do what she wants. My wife plays a few of the little Facebook games...she bought a Sony Vaio netbook and it struggled with those little flash games.

I will always recommend spending a little more for a bigger screen and a little more power. If you save up about $450 and buy an actual laptop...I think in the long run you will be better off and you'll be glad you actually bought a laptop.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-AS5736Z-4016/15125403