Acer laptop, internet will NOT work,at all

DJphobia

My acer laptop will not run any internet. The connection says its connected and at full signal strength. And even trying to go by the cables, it says its connected. but everytime i try to run internet explorer, it can't open ANY sites. I've tried about 3 different modems that work great on my other computer. I cant figure out what the issue is. help?

It also says that theres an Issue with the DNS when i do a diognostics on the internet conection.
maybe that has something to do with it, but i dont know much about computers,so...i think im screwed there.

Last edited:

Hellion

Wish I could help, currently having this exact same problem with my girlfriend's laptop. Now the laptop won't boot into windows. I'm about to format the harddrive and reload windows. I don't really know what happened. Hope you figure it out, also please share what you did, if you were able to fix it. Thanks.

dznutz

are you right next to the router? anyway, have you tried right clicking the icon and choosing "repair connection?"

if that doesn't work then this exact situation happens with my friends house. even when i'm outside and have 4 to 5 bars i can't connect unless i'm in his room.

DJphobia

yeah ive done all that, and tried the hard line.
the computer im on right now, right next to the other room is on a hard line. and works great.
i brought that acer in here and plugged in the hard line, and it says "connected" but nothing on the internet works.
im trying that stinger thing earlier stated in this thread right now on that laptop. hope it works.

DJphobia

yes! thank you SHO95!
it worked perfectly.
dd it twice just in case, and the second timw around it cleaned out another couple of files also.
greatley appreciate it!