Acer PC's... Good or Bad?

weeman1907

Anyone know about these PC's? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not sure if they're good or bad. Input is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Calibretto

VIP Member
Welcome to the Forums!

I know Acer makes good monitors so if it's like that with their computers, than they must me fine but if your in the market for a new computer, I suggest custom building one yourself.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Acer is not bad. You'll get mixed comments however as most have their own opinion :). What are you considering? specs? what will you be doing with this PC?

SirKenin

banned
I have an Acer laptop and it's great for what I need. Acer computers have been around for years. Friends of mine were dealers for them 10 years ago.

Geoff

VIP Member
acers r pieces of junk. only faggits buy acers

That was helpful... If you don't like acer, instead of saying that, why not say why you dont like them?

I've had two acer laptops, both a cheap $450 Celeron M, and a $800 Pentium M. They were good except the battery was really poor on them. So besides the battery in the laptops, there great, especially for their price.

WeatherMan

I have an old acer, reasonably well built, has lasted a long time and still working fine now:)

Case is quite study aslo!

Doom_Machine

i always look at the hardware details...many prebuilt pc's have hardware that doesnt even have any kind of namebrand on it, just says made in taiwan.

acer itself doesnt mean much..just like hp or dell they bid out for parts and usually contract to whoever sells them the cheapest in bulk.

that doesnt mean it wont last for years and years, depends on alot so rather than gamble i usually just build one myself using popular namebrands.
even cheap namebrands can have better quality control than a part from a sweatshop in the middle of nowhere thats a division of some company owned by a guy named kung pow chi for example

also someone that gives it a positive opinion might have a different model than the one your purchasing meaning different parts from different places and you might not get the same positive experience...overall get the extended warrantee..its usually worth it.

Last edited:

gamerman4

At my high school we have a large stack of Acer comps that we are going to put into a bus as a mobile computer lab. They are old (P3) but they will do what we need them to do and just out of curiosity I opened one of them up. The cables were VERY neatly twist tied off at different convienient locations and all the wires went around or under something so there was absolutely no clutter. I was just amazed at that considering the Dells at the school have wires going every direction possible.
I also saw that the Acers had better quality parts (by far not high-quality but better than the junk Dell puts in theirs.)

I've really only checked out Acer monitors and laptops but they seem to make really nice quality computers and comp. parts. My monitor is Acer and it is one of the best I've seen for the price.
Overall I think Acer is better than the higher big-name companies but they are still a manufacturer and I would rather go with building a computer.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
acers r pieces of junk. only faggits buy acers

It is a shame but unfortunately we have small children with poor parenting on theses forums. What makes it worse is that weeman1907 is new to this site, he gets to experience this so soon. You can be assured it's not tolerated by the moderators and will be dealt with.

Last edited:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
acer's are good PC's; i think the only thing that might not be too popular amongst a lot of people is that they only fit ATI cards... i never found out why.