which is better?

• Acer

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • eMachines

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

UpskirtHayley

Acer VS. eMachines

these are both cheap brand and affordable. cheap in quality components and affordable in price.

I experienced a 2005 eMachines T series and i wasnt satisfied.
- loud hard drive
- hard drive has only 2mb cache.. notice slowness
- cheap stock bestec psu that fried
- overall super loud machine

I experienced an (assuming 2008) Acer Aspire M5100 and it was ok (so far)
- super quiet machine!
- usb and headphone plugs on top of tower for easyness
- cool black case with neon blue lights
- uses pc2-5300 which kindda cheap
- one hard drive 320gb space split in 2 drive which kindda suck
- system reads 767mb at first.. had to replug to read 1gb
- hard drive has 8mb cache which is not bad

all in all.... i do not know which of these cheap brand is better yet. but as of now i really think Acer is better due to the fact that its very quiet and has 8mb cache hdd... but the Acer I experience is a 2008 which is newer than the 2005 emachines so it wouldnt be fair.

What country is Acer company from?
What country is eMachines company from?

Which is better? Acer or eMachines?

which is better? Acer or eMachines?

Vizy

let me set myself straight, ive never even owned an Acer. ive owned an emachines and it was effin depressing. we bought it only because it was lon ly like $200. we bought it plus 4 yrs ago. now i think it isunder different management( gateway???) and the comps are looking alot sleeker and they seem to be alot better.

Jhow

Acer bought gateway/emachines
Really just depends on what particular systems you're talking about.

cohen

I vote acer because i don't know what :confused::confused: "emachines" :confused::confused: are..... plus i have user some of the acer stuff before and have found they are very good. :D

Last edited:

craneop1985

emachine gets another vote

Computers can be like cars---some good-some bad-I voted emachine--I haved one for 2 years--works great---as long as you stay on top of upgrades(software and hardware)-and don't beat the crap out of it by overheating and abusing the components.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
so the rumors few years ago about gateway is not doing well is true. is that why they sold to acer?

I couldn't tell you the specific reason. But usually, one company sells when another one makes them a better offer than they can earn themselves... or the shareholders vote in favor of it.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Acer all the way. I've had 2 eMcahines so far and both of them stopped working after about a year.

G25r8cer

Wow look!! I guess Acer is taking the gold! Def recommend acer over emachines. Emachines just have too many problems and Acer is a newer competitor but is already doing very well. Acer has acceptional pc's and is very easy on the wallet. That my two cents

G25r8cer

Acer is not buying gateway? Or has it already happened? Srry I dont really stay up and informed with who's buying who. LOL