Acrylic case

The Astroman

I'm gonna be building a high power computer (Athlon 64 4000+, 2x Geforce 6800 GT, 2048 Mb ram etc...) and I wanted to know if it would be a bad idea to put such a powerful setup in an acrylic case... They just look soooooo good!! Also, 500-550W of power should be enough, right?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Why not?

Acrylic cases are really cool indeed. If you are not a messy person ang go with good cable solutions, then such a case would be awsome. I think it's a matter of personal preference. I love them. Are yout thinking of pure transparent or some darker shaded acrylic? I have seen one that was almost black but you could still see inside.

JAN :D

M0ddingMan1a

go UV and like get a black light too. ahha, thats wat i got. dont go all clear, cuz then... it just looks..... well i dont like all clear white.

dunerider5

THIS might be the one jancz3rt was talking about. I might buy this one, if I decide to spend that much money on a case. There isn't even a power supply with it.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Echo_ said:
id just get a lian li
lian li, meh, dont like them, overpriced for a simple design which i guess is fine if you have money and dont like fancy. anyway, yea get acrylic, make sure oyu get a good quality one though and treat it like goldust

Geoff

VIP Member
The PSU looks good, what kind is it? As for the acrylic case, i would deffinetely get it, get some lights and your set.

TheChef

I'm about to get an acrylic case, clear white, I really don't like the colored ones. Maybe some green cold cathodes and fans...