Active Desktop Recovery not working

goawayugh

My wife's netbook froze up the other day. She had FF, Chrome anf IE open. It wouldn't respond, I had to turn it off by holding the power button. When it started up again, it went to the Active Desktop Recovery screen. So I clicked on Restore my Active Desktop. Then it give me this:

scripterror.jpg

Whether I click on yes or no makes no difference. It doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

FunnelWeb

try this, right click on your desktop, select properties, select the themes tab, pick a differant theme from your list, click apply, the message should go away, then reselect the theme you had, click apply, and you should have your desktop back. hope it helps ;)

goawayugh

I've already tried that and it works temporarily. But once the netbook is restarted again, it always comes back to the Restore Active Desktop screen.

deanj20

from http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/active-desktop-recovery-solved/174591.html
I had a problem with my Active Desktop Revovery not recovering. I went to regedit and did this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

in the right pane I guess you would see
"NoActiveDesktop"=dword:00000001

right click on that value select modify
change it to 0
Or just delete it if your sure that's what you want.

I didn't have the NoActiveDesktop as a Dword so I created one. Fixed my issue, hope this helps someone.

Might be worth a try?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Were you using a Web page as the desktop background?If you did or you aren't sure,do the following:

-right click on desktop then PROPERTIES
-go to the DESKTOP tab
-click CUSTOMIZE DESKTOP
-go to the WEB tab and under the WEB PAGES list make sure that nothing is not selected!!!
-click OK
-on the previous window go to the THEMES tab
-under the THEME list choose WINDOWS CLASSIC then click APPLY and after the changes have been applied click OK
-restart your computer
-if now the WINDOWS CLASSIC theme is showed just as it should be,now feel free to change it to the WINDOWS XP theme and then again restart your computer to see if the theme is showed correctly

Cheers!