Add a Drive to A RAID Array without losing data?

Bl00dFox

Hi all

I am currently using a 400GB Western Digital SATA II Hard Drive which is packed with data. Therefore, I plan to adda nto RAID-0, to add more space and have it run a little faster. Is there a way to add another drive and RAID them without losing any data? I am asking this question because I unfortunately dont have any other hard drive to temporarily copy the data to... Thanks

PC eye

banned
No waaaaaaay! Once you set up an array one drive mirrors another and is even more vulnerable to data loss if something happens on one drive. You are better off simply adding a new drive as an additional storage device with a separate logical drive letter assigned to it.

Here I currently have Vista on an ide drive with XP on the first of two WD 500gb sata models and hope to adding a new WD GP series 1terabyte drive in as strictly a storage device and see Vista go onto the second sata. That will see the 250gb ide left open for use in an older case for a beater, adding Linux, or simply tossed on a shelf as a spare drive onhand.