Added a little something to my case....

What do you think of the flames on my case?

• They suck

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • They are ok, not my style

• The are cool

• They are awsome for an Amateur!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Kboy

I like them. I'd paint them red personally, but they're pretty sweet. How did you do them. I've always wanted to try painting on a computer case? What kinda of paint do you use?

Styleprojekt

Well actually its much more diffycult, not hard meaning to need skills, but its difficult cause you need figure out how you want to do it, what technique you want to use and fits your touch best. In case that sentence made any sence, lets go on:

I personally drew the flames on a piece of very thin cardboard and cut them out. I then used the negative piece, meaning the outline of the flames, not the shape of the flames themselfs, to tape it to the case (Make sure you cut the flames a little wider then you want them on the case, cause you will tape almost 1cm to seal the board to the case. You need to do one piece at a time, so for example first the right side, then the top, and then the left side of the case. I then used electric tape, or isolation tape, to tape the piece of cardboard to the case. Isolate the board, so no paint can go under the board, but only on the wanted flame area.

I used: "RUST-OLEUM" Professional High Performance Enamel, got it at the Home Depot. I wouldnt recommend that paint cause its not very resistant, but Car body paint because you get much cooler colors and more resistant paint.

Kboy...i just was so impatient to see how they would look so i used the paint i had...i will redo it with better and cleaner outlines sometime. The entire Case: Dark Metallic Red, Black flames, with Blue outlines or so, cause i have blue neon in the case....i'll have to think about it thooooo :p

Kboy

Thanx for the tips, I might try that in some of my spare time this spring. I've got a case I don't really wanna keep, so that'll work well. Once again, I think it looks awesome from those pics, especially for a beginner.