added ram and computer still wont work

stevenschearer

i have psu gpu cpu cd rom drive ram and motherboard
i turned it on plugged into the screen and nothing came up can someone help me i have no hard drive

tylerjrb

i have psu gpu cpu cd rom drive ram and motherboard
i turned it on plugged into the screen and nothing came up can someone help me i have no hard drive

does the pc start up and run? just no output?

what cpu is it? try plugging into the onboard hdmi or VGA if the cpu has inbuilt graphics.

depending on what cpu and mobo configuration might need a bios update.

post full system specs

C4C

Make sure the RAM is seated all the way.. Even when you think it's in properly, giving it one last push helps..

stevenschearer

does the pc start up and run? just no output?

what cpu is it? try plugging into the onboard hdmi or VGA if the cpu has inbuilt graphics.

depending on what cpu and mobo configuration might need a bios update.

post full system specs

the pc starts nothing on the output the cpu is amd fx-4350 series quad core

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What motherboard do you have? You got the 4/8 pin cpu power connector plugged in?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well the motherboard supports the processor with original bios version so that's not the problem. You have an issue somewhere. What video card do you have? Does it require any 6 pin pci express power connectors?

stevenschearer

Well the motherboard supports the processor with original bios version so that's not the problem. You have an issue somewhere. What video card do you have? Does it require any 6 pin pci express power connectors?
gpu ati radeon 3870 x2 1gb yes and it does have 6 pin power connectors which i just plugged in

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try the video card in another computer? You will just have to start diagnosing the issue. Did you use the brass standoffs between case and motherboard?

Also, please stay on one thread. Don't create new ones on the same topic.