Adding a mySQL imported MyBB Database to a website

TankerHC

I have a website hosted through iPage. I moved everything over from my previous host. On my website I had a MyBB FOrum linked. I imported my forum into my new host with MySQL. Of course I can see it broken down in MySQL and php but what I need to do is embed it in my website. I generate code but cannot figure out how to embed it. Anyone know how to do this? I am using XARA 7 Web Pro for my Web Building software.

Thanks
J

sshaggy

You can follow the following steps:
1. Download and upload all the files of the myBB into the new server. I think you already did this.
2. Export the database from phpMyadmin (and interface provided by most web servers to interact with database). This will generate a sql file. Google how to export and import a database from phpMyadmin for exact instructions.

3. Create a new database into your new server. Note down database name, username, password. Also note down database server host (this is usually 'localhost'). You can see the documentation of the new host support page for further instructions.

4. Import the sql file into the new database via phpMyadmin interface.

5. Make changes to the configuration file. Open config.php, located inside the 'inc' folder of the myBB. Replace the following things with the new database details:
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'new hostname, usually localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'new database username';
$config['database']['password'] = 'new database password';
$config['database']['database'] = 'new database name';

If you did everthing correctly, you should be good to go. If you struck with anything, use google. I have rougly written the steps, but for exact methods you'll have to find yourself.