Adding a wireless router

rizay

I have a windows 7 desktop pc and use a westell 2200 dsl modem from verizon. I got a Netis 150Mbps wireless-N broadband WF-2404 router. I would like to add this to my system so I can get wifi on my phone.

The instructions that came with the wireless router are terible. Basicaly, it was enough to get everything connected. But I want to put some kind of a pass code on it. Just so my phone can access the wifi.

Any help will be appreciated. Here is a picture of the security section of the software that came with it:
Untitled-1.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Under the Wireless section there should be a section for wireless security.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, if you have the 2402 and not the 2404 you actually have a repeater which will not work, you need a router. In your post you say its a 2404 but the screen shot shows 2402 which is a wireless repeater and it won't work in your situation. You need a router first.

Wait, maybe it is a router too. doing more research.

Last edited:

rizay

Well, it was working until I added a password. I tried all the different security settings and I was not able to connect with my phone. I went back and reset all the settings, reset the router and modem. I can connect to the wireless with my phone but now I can't actually go to any web page or check email. On the phone, it shows that it is connected with full wifi bars. I don't know what to do know...

rizay

I eliminated all security and it still doesn't work. I reset to factory settings but didn't help. I played around with all the settings and that didn't work. I reinstalled windows 7 and started over. Still no data. I can get online with my pc with no problem. My phone will connect to the wifi but when I go into the browser it just keeps searching.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Might have to reset your phone then or delete the wireless connection and reset it back up on your phone.

rizay

I found an option to "forget" the connection. I tried that and rebooted the phone. Still not working.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Find someone that has a wireless device and have them connect to it and see it works before sending it back.