Adding internal Bluetooth chip?

fej180

Is it possible to add a Bluetooth chip into the my laptop, HP Pavilion dv6? I currently keep a bluetooth dongle in one of my USB ports, but I would like to have something internal if possible. Any suggestions on products? Thanks

Fej180

wolfeking

banned
should. But you need to be sure you are using a 1/2 height card to start with. And you will need to find the drivers for that card.

fej180

Here is a picture of the one that is current;y in my laptop:

images

Here is the one i was looking at:

41o1ylY7R0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Can you tell if it will work by looking at it?

wolfeking

banned
it should work. The only thing that will hold you back is drivers, but intel should have them.

Really wireless cards are pretty interchangable. They all use IEEE802.11 and use the mPCIe socket. You should be good.

fej180

it should work. The only thing that will hold you back is drivers, but intel should have them.

Really wireless cards are pretty interchangable. They all use IEEE802.11 and use the mPCIe socket. You should be good.

Thanks again! I think I already found the drivers.

fej180

Ok, so I got the chip and installed it. I booted up the computer and I got this message:

Wireless Module not supported

The system has detected a Wireless modeule installed in the system is not supported. System halted. Please remove device and restart.

WLAN Module Id (702)

Is there any way to fix this or is the card just not compatible? Thanks

fej180

Is there a way I can find out? Is there another chip out there that would do the same thing, that the BIOS would support? Thanks for your help.