Adding Printer to Network

uposb4

How would i go about adding a printer to the network? Both systems are running XP and the wireless router is Linksys. Printer is HP. Printer is installed on home machine but need access from the other pc. Thanks.

ajw06

If you are trying to install the printer to an already exsiting network logon to the computer which you want to install the printer and load "My Computer". Type //computername then find the printer and double click. this will install the printer onto tht computer.

note the computer with the printer connected to will need to be powered for you to print.

Hope this helps.

weaponsguy007

Alright, go to control panel-printers and faxes-add a printer(make sure printer is turned on).Then click "A network printer, or one connected to another computer", then click next. Then check browse for a printer, then click next. Then select your workgroup, then the name of the printer. Install the drivers on your machine. You have now installed a network printer. Do this for every computer on your network.

uposb4

Network printer

So i need to go to the other machine and install the printer drivers there as well?