Adding text to uploaded documents.

gcs1

Hi. I have a number of hand drawn pictures that will act as backgrounds for pages of a book. I want to scan/photograph & upload these to my laptop and be able to type the text onto these images. Please can you give me some pointers on the best way to do this to retain the quality of the pictures and the flexibility to type the text in boxes on different parts of the pages. Thanks.

gamerman4

http://paint.net/
Paint.net is a simple, easy to use layer based image editor. With layers, you will be able to add text on top of any image without destroying the actual image. As long as the text is on a separate layer than the background, you will be able to change/erase the text without harming the background. Save the layered images as the default PDN file format then save your final page as a JPG that way if you need to change something you can just delete the JPG, go back to the PDN file, change the text, and save it back as a JPG.

Also, as a rule of thumb, always keep your original, untouched images so if something ever goes wrong, you always have a backup.