Adding to the water cooling loop

astinkybumb

Backstory/setup

AMD FX-8120 CPU
XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water cooling kit
- 4 fans in push pull formation
Rad at top of the case pulling air down in, loop goes
pump>up to rad>down to cpu>over to pump

I am thinking of upgrading my current GPU from 2x 1gb 6870s (non CF) to 2x 7000 series (probably xfx DD 7870s)

My current CPU doesn't run over 38c while running battlefield 3 in eyefinity at 5040x1050. If i go better GPU's i will definitely water cool them because i already have summer problems with my current GPUs getting way to hot.

I come to you with some questions, can my current pump/rad keep the CPU and 2 7870s under decently cool temps like 40-45c?
If not can my pump handle adding the 2 GPU's and say a single 140 rad at the bottom or back of the case?
Also should i go full GPU block or just universal water block and passive ram cooling?

just a noob

I doubt it, that's a pretty thin radiator. I also have my doubts about that pump being able to push through much more than the current loop too.

astinkybumb

you dont think even just GPU boards could be added? even with just one rad? i currently have a game running and has been running almost all day and its sitting comfortably at 22c this whole time.

astinkybumb

What if i added another loop to the system? kept the CPU on the current loop but maybe changing to a smaller rad like a thick single 140 and adding another pump to the GPU's and running them to the 240 rad? would it just be a cluster of hose or would this be a better route to go?

astinkybumb

would my cpu be alright on a single 140/120 rad with another pump? and would the 240 rad at the top be able to keep two GPUs cool? or is the 240 to small?