Administative Error..?

M3JayT

"You dont have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."

i get this error message when i try to save a file in my /system32/ folder.. and i am the admin of this computer.. :confused:
i looked around n couldnt find any specific options/preferences. course maybe im just blind, but if u know a fix please let me know.

im using Windows 7 Premium by the way.

-help appreciated-

2048Megabytes

Why are you trying to save in the system32/folder? This folder contains important Windows system files, which when damaged, can keep your system from working properly. Is there a reason you need to save files in that particular folder?

M3JayT

because i have to update this file thats located there.. (irrelevant to my real question)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If this is some sort of hacking to allow a program to work then we can't help you. So please explain why you need to update a file. The program will install all files required to allow it to run.

M3JayT

well i just need to know how to get that message to stop popping up. thats just the recent incident that it happened to me.. ive been prompt with that message when i try to do A LOT of things.. "you dont have administrative access "blah blah blah"" when i am in fact the admin.. im the only one that uses the PC.. so why am i gettin messages all the time telling me im not the admin..

it stops me from downloads/file saving/among other things..

quick fix?

Last edited:

M3JayT

thanks for the software share. havent had any error messages so far, even tho its only been a day hahaa.. but that seems like some good software to have