administrator rights

goroyoshi

I play combat arms and when ever i try to run it it requires administrator rights which i dont have and its annoying having to ask my dad every time to type it in is there a way to bypass the password requirement for just this program

nothing else not even a program or some function to remove the need for administrator password for that program

also what do you mean by administrator privileges like go into properties to change it or just so it says allow or cancel

also what do you mean by administrator privileges like go into properties to change it or just so it says allow or cancel

Well if the program requires you to be an administrator then the account has to be an administrator, but CombatArms shouldn't require you to have administrator privileges is it trying to update itself to the latest patch?

There are some games that require aministrator approval. But try this trick. Have your dad change your account to administrator temporarily while you reinstall the game on your account. Play the game for a little bit and exit out. Then have your dad change your account back to a limited/standard account. Now try playing the game to see if it still requires administrator approval. I had a problem like that when installing a game for my daughter and doing that did the trick.

thats the problem i have now John. but with grand kids. only problem is they will comeback a week from now and every time they get on it, requires another admin right for updates.

I visit many places. here was one reply. i do not get credit for it.

If the game is already installed on your computer (does not start from a disk)
from administrator account, go to the directory that has the .exe file, right click on it, create shortcut.
Next right click on the shortcut you just created and click properties
then click the advanced tab and un-check run with different credentials and click ok
then apply, until you're back to the shortcut.
Now move the shortcut to the limited user's desktop C:\Documents and Settings\kids_account\Desktop

he mentioned the checkbox might be checked or unchecked. was not sure.
convinced it will work though.

Steps for success:

1) Install keylogger in my user account

2) ask admin to pop in their credentials for something while I am logged in that needs admin rights to run

3) rooted.

Have your dad go into his account, go to the exe properties and flag that exe to always run as administrator, apply. Problem solved.

Back