administrator

lostsoul62

I got a message where I can't save word. C:\users\owner\documents\n.doc I change the name of the administrator but can't remember what it was so I wonder if that has anything to do with this, What can I do about this

DMGrier

VIP Member
What are all the user profiles listed under C:\Users ? What happens if you open something as an administrator, example being in start search for and right click on notepad and select "run as administrator".

lostsoul62

There are 3 names under user and only one person uses the computer. I tried to right click on Word but no administrator and this is Windows 7. You can run as administrator in notepad but not in Word

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you boot your computer, what is your user name? Thats where you should be saving your data. You can also use the user folder that should be on your desktop and start menu.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Okay but, when you "run as Administrator" with notepad what happens? Does it prompt you with UAC for a "yes" or "no"? Does it require a username and password?

The other thing you can do is open control panel and go into User Accounts and select "Manage another user" or something like that and you should see all the user accounts on the PC and their permission level. Which one says administrator and is that the account your logging into? If not that you might want to figure out how to log into that account or back up data and wipe and reload with an account structure that makes sense.