Admins and Mods

Ku-sama

banned
could i write up on some of the best ways to go about proper cooling and such for a computer and have you guys make it a sticky?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You're certainly welcome to .... a few guidelines:
1. I would strongly 'suggest' you use an approach as done with the other 101s so far ... templates help to keep things clean.

2. In light of the other 101s, please try to ensure that what you post is accurate, thorough and objective (emphasis on accuracy, thoroughness and objectivity). If you make reccomendations (which i imagine you might given the nature of the topic), make sure you, either in the reccomendation or elsewhere in the 101, explain why that objective is there.

3. With respect to reccomendations, please provide links where possible: try to stay with mainstream stores that a good number of people can have access too rather than some obscure store somewhere. Also, make sure to tailor the reccomendations to as broad a reader base as possible whether that be intent-based or money-based: i.e., a casual user may want a cheap solution, a HTPC builder might want a quiet unit, a LAN gamer might want a bling-bling unit but not compromise quality while the overclocker might want to delve into a phase change cooler or make a cascade cooling system.

4. Three little points to keep in mind [1] Arctic Silver 5 may be good -- but it's not the be-all, end-all of thermal paste. [2] Copper is not the be-all end-all and [3] Watercooling is not the be-all end-all.

5. The magic question here is "WHY". Why do you pick a product? Why is a certain characteristic important? Why should this or that be a concern? etc.

6. Feel free to PM the ideas/skeleton/draft/final to Ian and we'll have a look at it :) (remember, emphasis on thorough, accurate and objective! :D) If it qualifies, i'll sticky it! Only reason I've not done one is because im busy working on finishing up a VC101 and others ... they take a good amount of time to write up (properly) and so that's why ive not gotten around to it :)

Ku-sama

banned
alright then, ill get on it right after school tomarrow guys, ill be typing what i know up tomarrow in school.... uh, i mean lunch :D

shupola

hey praetor,

i was just wondering if i could correct some of the grammatical errors in the sticky101s? when i was reading the cpu and hdd 101 yesterday i noticed some and thought i would ask you. please dont take this as an insult because i just want to help contribute to the forum. please post back

shupola