Advice for building my first Pc

France_Toast

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.49 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($189.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($105.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($129.99 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.88 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan ($9.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1130.76
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

I've been working on this for a while and was looking for some help. I want to stay with the corsair air 540. other than that I'm looking for suggestions on better/cheaper parts. i have no intent to overclock and noise isn't to important to me as long as its not extremely loud. I don't want to go to much higher on the price

jevery

No hard drive? I'd be looking for faster memory off the approved list and probably a 650W PSU.

jevery

It's no more difficult than buying for instance DDR4 3200 and setting XMP in the BIOS. The MB will retrieve the settings from the modules and if you verify your choice from the QVL list on the ASUS site there's little chance of having a problem. 2133 is native on that board.

Laquer Head

It's no more difficult than buying for instance DDR4 3200 and setting XMP in the BIOS. The MB will retrieve the settings from the modules and if you verify your choice from the QVL list on the ASUS site there's little chance of having a problem. 2133 is native on that board.

This is exactly what I just grabbed for my build.. GSkill 3200mhz kit.. and his BIOS will be nearly the same as mine.. literally 3 clicks and reboot..

France_Toast

I know how to overclockthe memory . But as i stated i dont want to.

jevery

ASUS wouldn't publish the QVL list if it wasn't recommended. Like Intel doesn't publish overclocking guides. You're going to be OCing that 2400 memory.

Laquer Head

If overclocking voids a warranty.
This is the 2nd point on the ASUS official site for this motherboard:

• 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
Boards like this are made to overclock with and there is an expectation that the end user is going to do just that. If overclocking voided warranty most people wouldnt be buying 3,4,$500 + boards

Darren

Staff member
XMP profiles arguably aren't even overclocking as the sticks are tested at those profiles and supposed to run that way. From the motherboard's perspective it's "overclocking" but not for the RAM as it's supposed to run at it.

Laquer Head

XMP profiles arguably aren't even overclocking as the sticks are tested at those profiles and supposed to run that way. From the motherboard's perspective it's "overclocking" but not for the RAM as it's supposed to run at it.
THIS^^

Intel_man

VIP Member
ASUS wouldn't publish the QVL list if it wasn't recommended. Like Intel doesn't publish overclocking guides. You're going to be OCing that 2400 memory.
I wouldn't buy DDR2400 to run them at 3000 speed. It either won't work, or it'll take a lot of tinkering with the cas timings to make it work.

jevery

No, what I meant was that since 2133 is native, he'd technically be OCing anyway running the 2400 at it's intended speed. Not trying to be confrontational, just make a useful recommendation. I also tend to run my systems conservatively. I like to establish a stable overclocking profile for my CPUs, but I don't run the profile daily - Maybe only when playing a demanding game. I do however like the idea of having one third faster memory with no apparent downside. I am curious though about no HD storage. I personally couldn't get by on a quarter terabyte total, but I don't know this gentleman's requirements.

Intel_man

VIP Member
2133/2400 is native to the 7600k.

I don't think just having a 250gb ssd is adequate, but that's really up to the OP.