Advice needed on building first comp

rahving

No one got their feelings hurt. Just seems very unworthwhile when you have to dissect every tidbit of information from a post and comment on each one (fine by itself), even when it is pointless or you already know the answer.

So what is/are your suggestion(s) on finding a cheaper place to buy these components? All components must be non-refurbished, or used whatsoever. Ebay I'm not planning on using at all.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No one got their feelings hurt. Just seems very unworthwhile when you have to dissect every tidbit of information from a post and comment on each one (fine by itself), even when it is pointless or you already know the answer.
- Hmm perhaps this is culture shock as expressed via the internet .... I personally wouldnt have minded if, when i was making my first computer or two, to have someone go over everything.
- As a regular user (and a new one at that), your perspective makes a lot of sense (although your hostility will cease) and perhaps my posting style might not make a lot of sense to you. It is, however, necesary. Stick around for a few hundred posts and you'll see why.
- Not to be mean or anything but purely from a logic and argument-form perspective, if I were to consider your entire thread pointless then I ask you, why did you post to start with? The lesson here: what one person views as pointless might not be so pointless to others. Thus by induction (rather, a failed inductive proof), we can infer pointedeness is irrelevent

:)

gamerman4

Yeah, wait a while, I'm pretty new too and have gotten used to Praetor dissecting everything. He's always helpful. Sometimes he gets really scientific about it if you try to argue so just don't.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, wait a while, I'm pretty new too and have gotten used to Praetor dissecting everything. He's always helpful. Sometimes he gets really scientific about it if you try to argue so just don't.
LOL arguing is fine (keeps me on my toes too), hostility however is not (especially when Im just trying to help lol) .. sides i DO make mistakes lol