Advice on burning software

Breadman177

I see the list on the sticky but which one of the cd/dvd free programs can burn images like for an ISO? Oh and is fairly easy to use without having to change this setting blah blah blah..lol

clahman

i found nero was most excellent for burning iso files. you can get a oem disc from ccl online for abot 3quid. won't burn dvd's i think that's correct.

adimarten23

i found nero was most excellent for burning iso files. you can get a oem disc from ccl online for abot 3quid. won't burn dvd's i think that's correct.
I agree with is post I also use Nero, and find it first class for burning docs, images music and films. I think you can get a demo from there site which means it’s not free.

lucasbytegenius

Not free, but it's a great suite. I use Gizmo. Right click image mounting (saves discs) and burning, you can create RAM disks (virtual SSD drive dude!). You can also rip discs to ISO. Great program. Free.

Last edited:

sometechieguy

Nero for 3 quid? That sounds a bit sketchy. You sure?
Nero's usually around 50. I prefer Roxio to Nero anyway. Much better interface.

I haven't tried any of the free cd burning software out there so I can't answer the OP on that. However I can say that if you buy a new dvd burner for 20-40 you usually get cd burning software that comes with it for no extra charge.

russb