Advice on my future computer please, thanks!

hellyea526

New Member
Hey guys, first time building a computer, hope to get some advice on it. Been looking at a couple parts, read some reviews, and got some tips from a friend and this is what I came up with:

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133058

Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153040
-I know 650W is more than I need but it came with a really nice combo deal with the case

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
-I was stuck between this and the Q6600. I heard that future games and applications will make more use out of the quad cores and dual cores may get outdated.

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131329
-Not sure whether I should get a better motherboard, I don't think I'll ever run SLI or crossfire though.

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184

Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121253
-Also not sure about this, I heard its much better than the 8800gt. I also heard that it runs extremely hot, will I have any heating issues?

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148335

Dvd/CD Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009126


At the moment, everything runs up to 875$ (USD) after rebates, shipping, etc. I was hoping to keep this under 900$, how does everything look? Thanks a lot for all your help.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top